Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pandora and YouTube

This is the portion of the Technology Tune up that I was responsible for. I am a big Youtube fan and I only wish it was around in the early to mid-1990s when my kids were small and kept me up at night. It would have given me something to look at besides TV Land in the middle of the night. You can find just about anything on Youtube. I've found the theme song for a show I used to watch in the 70s (Kids from C.A.P.E.R) and unreleased concert footage (Beatles at Shea Stadium).

Pandora is great, although since I wrote this section they have begun to play advertisements. But it can introduce you to artists you might not have heard before. I have discovered a lot of performers that way, mostly obscure ones I probably wouldn't have heard of any other way. If you're sitting at the computer and want to listen to something besides your iPod where you know everything that's on it, or a radio station that plays the same forty songs over and over, then Pandora is a nice alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment